MLZ foundry was founded in the early 1990s as a production base for the research and development institute of special-property steels and superalloys. There are a lot of innovative methods that were actively implemented at our plant. Over time MLZ foundry reorganized into a separate enterprise with casting workshop using Lost Foam technology that is able to produce up to 300 metric tons of casting products per month, weighing from 0.1 to 1000 kilograms.
Lost Foam casting
Lost Foam technology – is a unique casting process that perfectly suits the production of geometrically demanding castings. This process uses the casting pattern producing of expandable polystyrene. During the pouring, the liquid metal vaporizes the foam pattern and at the same time precisely fills the resulting hollow space. In this way, an exact metallic copy of the foam pattern is created. In addition to geometrical complexity, castings that are made using Lost Foam technology have the high-end surface quality and size precision
Advantages of Lost Foam technology:
- allows to produce geometrically complex details with the high-quality of surface
- the highest size precision and minimal fits
- ability of casting weight reduction in by using thin-walled castings
- reducing or escaping of the following machining costs
- low cost and short time of pattern creating
3-D milling process (XYZ method)
For single or small-series orders we use casting pattern creating technology, made of the solid expandable polystyrene blocks by the 3-D milling process (using CNC machines) that offers the whole set of opportunities:
- infinite opportunities of casting shape
- ability of producing complex case-shaped parts without pattern creating
- the highest size precision of patterns producing, acceptable deviation of cutting tools position no more than 0,01 mm
- absolute repeatable accuracy of patterns that is provided by software and hardware
- ability of rapid patterns correction in case of faulty pouring
- reduction of order terms execution to 3-4 working days if specialized situations arise
No Bake casting process
No Bake Alpha set is a flexible casting process for small and medium series volumes. The method achieves excellent surface quality, maintains size dimensional accuracy and can be flexibly used for large and small cast parts.
Our foundry shop is equipped according to the highest standards that includes induction furnaces from 250 to 2500 kilograms as well as modern laboratory facilities for the chemical analysis and physical properties control. Molding line equipped with automatic system of sand regeneration (cooling, fine fraction separation, magnetic cobber).
Flaskworkshop: 600х600х600mm, 1000х1000х1000mm, 1200х1200х1500mm, 2000х600х2000mm.
We are able to create flasks of other size for the production of custom outsized castings as well.
After the production stadium and cleaning of castings in shot-blasting machine, our foundry is able to perform the following stages of treatment regarding to the customer`s demand:
- heat treatment
- assembling and installation
MLZ foundry uses chill casting method of aluminum as well and provides services of casting patterns creating.
Steels and alloys
At the moment we are producing castings made of the following metals and alloys:
Quality management system is certified in accordance with international standard compliance ISO 9001:2015.
We are happy to meet our potential and existing clients at exhibitions. Wellcome to our stand at the international Trade Fair for Castings NEWCAST in Dusseldorf, Germany. Hall #14, stand # 14E05.
Our casting products are used in most diverse manufacturing sectors from machine-building and energy industries to consumer products and ornamental / art castings.